Reserve a Meeting Room
The purpose of the Meeting Room Use Policy is to ensure that Sno-Isle Libraries provides access to its public meeting rooms in an equitable manner to non-commercial organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, charitable or civic work. Providing a non-biased setting for the exchange of information and ideas is a key role of public libraries. Sno-Isle Libraries provides meeting room space to organizations to promote educational, cultural, intellectual, charitable, and civic efforts in the communities they serve.
This policy applies to public use of meeting rooms owned by or managed by Sno-Isle Libraries. Meeting rooms in buildings not owned by Sno-Isle Libraries may be governed by different policies.
Access to Public Meeting Rooms
- Sno-Isle Libraries allows use of its meeting rooms by non-commercial organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, charitable or civic work, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of the organizations. Sno-Isle Libraries does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of meeting room users.
- Except for meetings held by state and local agencies that are exempt from open meeting law, meetings will be non-exclusive and will be open to the general public, regardless of the attendee's gender, race, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or religious or political affiliation.
- Sno-Isle Libraries' meeting rooms are available free of charge.
- Organizations, other than the Friends of the Library or the Sno-Isle Libraries Foundation, using Sno-Isle Libraries' meeting rooms will provide free admission to meetings held in those rooms.
- Availability of Public Meeting Rooms
- Meeting room use will be prioritized in the following order:
- Library sponsored activities
- Activities of the Friends of the Library, Sno-Isle Libraries Foundation or community library advisory boards
- Meetings or activities of committees or boards of local government
- Other non-commercial organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, charitable or civic work.
- Due to high demand for limited meeting room space, frequency and duration of room use by an organization may be limited.
- Meetings or events which interfere with normal library operations will not be accommodated.
- Sno-Isle Libraries reserves the right to cancel meeting room reservations due to construction, emergency closures or other unforeseen conflicts.
- The decision to deny use of a library meeting room may be appealed in writing to the Sno-Isle Libraries Executive Director. The Executive Director will provide a written response to the request.
- Organizations using library meeting rooms will publicize events in a manner that does not suggest library sponsorship or affiliation.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served or consumed on library property, except at after-hours events hosted by the Sno-Isle Libraries Foundation, Friends of the Library groups, or other organizations in a formal partnership with Sno-Isle Libraries. The hosting or partner organization is responsible for obtaining any legally required permits.
- Noncompliance with this policy may result in an organization being denied further use of library meeting rooms.
- Sales of merchandise or services, or solicitations for donations are permitted during an organization's meeting, library sponsored programs or by the Friends of the Library or the Sno-Isle Libraries Foundation.
- DATE AND ACTION TAKEN
Adopted by the Board of Trustees July 22, 2013
Sno-Isle Libraries: Connecting people, ideas and culture
Sno-Isle Libraries Administrative & Service Center, 7312 35th Ave NE, Marysville, WA 98271-7417
360-651-7000 (local) • 877-766-4753 (toll free) • 360-651-7151 (fax)
©2015 Sno-Isle Libraries