Write a Business Plan & Start a Business
- GVRL Business Plans View sample, industry-specific business plans to guide the creation of your own.
- Small Business Reference Center Check out the "Start-up Kit & Sample Business Plans" section for sample business plans and guidance on starting a business.
- "Business Plans" - Booklist
- "Franchises" - Booklist
Financial & Legal Resources
- LegalForms - Access Washington state specific, customizable legal documents including contracts, employment documents, and more.
- Legal Information Reference Center - Find publications and legal forms to address a range of legal issues, including topics in business law, patents, copyright, and trademarks.
- Small Business Reference Center Explore the Business Areas category to find information about "Financing a Business" and "Legal Issues."
- "Contracts & Disputes" - Booklist
- "Financial Statements/Accounting" Booklist
- "How to Raise Capital" Booklist
- AtoZDatabases - Generate mailing lists targeted to a specific audience by using the "220 Million Residents," "200,000 New Movers," "50,000 New Homeowners," or "30 Million Businesses & Executives" databases.
- DemographicsNow - Find detailed demographic and consumer expenditure information to help you evaluate the suitability of a region's market for your future business.
- Small Business Reference Center - Explore the Business Areas category to learn about "Marketing & Public Relations" topics.
- Lynda.com - Use a keyword search to learn about areas such as "finding customers" and "social media marketing," or browse related Business Topics.
- ABI/INFORM - Find market and industry reports, journal articles, and news about every major industry.
- Business Source Premier - Find SWOT analyses, industry profiles, market research reports, and trade publications.
- RBdigital business eMagazines
- Business magazines in print
- "Market research" - booklist
Chambers of Commerce
Locate your local chamber or business association to attend professional development trainings and to network with local business owners or managers.
- Arlington/Smokey Point Chamber of Commerce
- Darrington Strong
- Edmonds Chamber of Commerce
- Granite Falls Chamber of Commerce
- Lake Stevens Chamber of Commerce
- Lynnwood Chamber of Commerce
- Marysville/Tulalip Chamber of Commerce
- Mill Creek Business Association
- Monroe Chamber of Commerce
- Mountlake Terrace Business Association
- Mukilteo Chamber of Commerce
- Sky Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Snohomish Chamber of Commerce
- Stanwood Chamber of Commerce
- Center for Inclusive Entrepreneurship - CIE provides underserved populations with entrepreneurs with training, advising, mentorship, networking, and peer support.
- Department of Licensing - Learn how to start, operate, or grow a business, and how to obtain business licenses for various industries.
- Department of Revenue - Washington state tax regulations and training information.
- Doing Business in Snohomish County - Connect with small business support services and resources specific to Snohomish County.
- Economic Alliance of Snohomish County - The regional economic development agency for Snohomish County, which also provides services to small businesses.
- GroWashington Help for start-up product-based businesses, including training and business consulting.
- Island County Economic Development Council - The regional economic development agency for Island County hosts trainings, assists businesses with developing marketing plans, and more.
- Office for Regulatory Innovation and Assistance - A valuable guide for information on how to plan, run, grow, and close a business in Washington State.
- SCORE – Connect with an experienced business expert and get advice about starting and running a small business. Sign up for an appointment at a local library.
- Small Business Administration – Federal agency that gives assistance to small businesses in the form of loans, contracts, and counseling.
- Stats America - The Indiana Business Research Center (IBRC) at Indiana University's Kelley School of Business has developed a set of tools and reports to help understand economic development opportunities from federal, state, and some commercial/private source data.
- South Whidbey Incubator Kitchen – The Incubator Kitchen is available to rent to commercial users that already have a food business or that are ready to start a new food business and need an approved commercial kitchen space to make their product.
- Washington BusinessHub - Your one-stop resource for starting and operating a business in Washington State
- Washington Procurement Technical Assistance Center - Connect with a counselor to get help getting government contracts from local to federal agencies.
- Washington Small Business Development Center - Small business owners receive confidential, objective business advice at no cost.