Sno-Isle Libraries welcomes students pursuing a career in Library and Information Science. College internships are available to students, including Sno-Isle employees currently enrolled in a library school, wishing to gain valuable, real-world experience and course credit. It is our goal to provide a rich, structured field learning experience for students in a variety of professional settings.
All internships will follow these guidelines:
- Internships are unpaid. All transportation costs are the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns will be supervised by a professional in their field of interest.
- Internships can be completed in any Sno-Isle library or at the Service Center, dependent upon the needs and availability of projects.
- All interns must successfully pass a background check before they begin work.
- All interns must successfully complete an interview process before placement.
- Interns are responsible for coordinating any documentation needed for course credits.
- Interns are held to the same professional expectations as library staff.
- Sno-Isle Libraries reserves the right to terminate the internship relationship for poor performance or when library policies and procedures are not followed.
Projects Currently Available:
Position Title: Digitization Project Intern Location: Sno-Isle Libraries Service Center
Marysville, WA 98271
Overview: Assist staff at Sno-Isle Libraries Service Center with an ongoing digitization project which may include scanning photos or negatives, creating or copying descriptive data and loading assets into a digital asset management system. Skills Required: Competency with PC and Microsoft Office, attention to detail and some familiarity with metadata standards. Experience in using image scanner is helpful, but not required. Training will be provided.
To find out more about the Sno-Isle Libraries Internship Program, please contact:
Nancy Patton, Volunteer Program Administrator - 360-651-7003.