Learning Powers: Activate!Note: if you're using a 'catalog only' computer in the libraries, you may not be able to view all these links. Please use a public reservation PC to access these links in the library and other areas of the Internet.
Put your superhero skills to the test! How many of these activities can you conquer? Share your completed activities with a sidekick or take them to your summer hero headquarters—your local library!
- With the help of a grown-up, send a thank you letter to a military service member. Find a service member and instructions here.
- Every superhero needs a sidekick! Print this page to create a profile of your sidekick.
- Read a book on StarWalk using your computer, tablet, reader or smartphone.
- Play a game on Tumblebooks.
- Read a book from one of the book lists on the Sno-Isle Explore Summer page.
- Who is a hero in your family? Pretend you are a news reporter and interview your family member.
- Be a hero to animals! With the help of a grown-up, contact an animal shelter in your neighborhood. What items do they need donated? See if you can donate one item.
- Be like a hero in the American Revolution! Can you decode this message?
- Make your own dog hero, print this page and follow the steps.
- Become a rock hound, collect shells or rocks and check out a book from the library to help you identify them.
- With the help of a grown-up, try a new recipe that's both healthy and delicious. Check out some cookbooks from the library or find a recipe here.
- Write and draw your own comic book! Check out some drawing books at the library for help.
- Plant a few flower or vegetable seeds in a container, place it near a window, and watch the seeds grow. Or plant a garden in your back yard. Need help? Find a gardening book at the library.