General website minimum requirements
These minimum requirements are also informed by TLS, our secure web-browsing encryption protocol:
- PC: Internet Explorer 7.x and later (on Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8 is required), Mozilla Firefox, Netscape 7.x and later, Chrome 3.x and later, Opera 6.x and later, Java 7 and later.
- Mac: Safari 1.1 and later, Firefox 2.0 and later
- LINUX: Firefox 2.0 and later
- Accept browser cookies
- Adobe Reader 8.0 or later
- Adobe Flash Player 9.0 or later
- Windows Media Player series 9 or later (Overdrive users)
- Quicktime x9.1 or later (Overdrive MAC users)
- Default browser security settings
- Default browser cache settings
Bibliocommons catalog minimum requirements
Desktop computer requirements
To view the catalog, you can use any of these web browsers:
Your computer must have a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or larger.
On your mobile device (tablet or smartphone) you can use Google Chrome and Safari on:
Polaris database minimum requirements
Third-party vendor websites minimum requirements
Generally speaking, most websites we link to or recommend should work under our general requirements listed above. In some cases, a third-party product may not work for every browser and version. If this is the case, the vendor usually will list additional site requirements directly on their website.
Signing (logging) into services
The Sno-Isle Libraries website is comprised of many different products, services and links to third-party products, software and services. We try to maintain a "single sign-on" experience so that when you've logged in once, you'll be logged into all other services on our website. In some cases, the vendor requires you to login again. And in some cases, your library card number will work but not your username (if you've established one in your account).
Android tablets and desktop/mobile site
Some Android tablet devices will only show you the mobile site by default. To force the tablet to display the desktop version of the catalog, view the "settings" for your browser and choose "Request Desktop Site." The tablet browser will remember that you want to see the desktop version of the catalog.
Ad blocking or ad filtering software or plug-ins are used by some users to prevent advertisements from displaying on websites they visit. In some cases, ad blocking software may remove content that is not advertising and not notify you. Ad blocking software may also remove code preventing important functionality, such as signing in. For this reason, we do not recommend using ad blocking software on the Sno-Isle website. If you do use ad blocking software, most versions can exclude designated websites and we recommend that you add sno-isle.org to the excluded website list.
Auto-complete for usernames and passwords is largely managed by your browser or browser add-ons. It is not a function that is handled by a website. In some cases, auto-complete entries may contain typos, other errors or be turned off. One fix is to look in your browser settings to clear your auto-complete history or consult your browser help documentation.
Here's how to turn off autocomplete in Internet Explorer
Some third-party software products, including Polaris, may restrict auto-complete in your browser. If you desire this functionality for the catalog, here are two options: 1) Use Firefox for your browser or 2) Use free third-party products such as lastpass.com to securely manage login entries (usernames and password) rather than rely on the browser.
Some AOL users have reported errors when searching the catalog. AOL recommends installing their latest security upgrade. You can download All-In-One Desktop software here: http://daol.aol.com/software/. This usually fixes the problem.
Return to Top ↑
Clear browser cache (and IE browser reset)
Sometimes browsers can save an error in the user's computer. Clearing the history and cache will clear the errors out. Here are the steps for many popular browsers.
If you're using Internet Explorer and clearing the cache doesn't work, please try a full browser reset. This brings the browser back to the default manufacturer settings. To perform the reset: Look in the menu bar at the top and click "Tools" and then "Internet Options" and then click the "Advanced" tab, from there click the "Reset" button at the bottom and then click "Reset" on the next screen. Close your browser and restart.
- The two most recent versions of Google Chrome,
- The two most recent versions of Firefox,
- Microsoft Edge, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 running on Windows 8 or 10
- Safari versions 8, 9 and 10 on Mac OSX 8, 9, 10.
- iOS: 8.* and above
- Android: Ice Cream Sandwich 4.* and above
- PC: Internet Explorer 6.x and later, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape 7.x and later, Opera 7.0 and later, PWB 2.0 and later.
- Mac: Safari 1.1 and later
- All-Data Auto Repair: Currently does not work with Google Chrome, but the vendor is working on a solution.
- Microsoft Imagine Academy: Minimum: Windows XP, or Windows 7 or higher, Minumum Browser: Internet Explorer 8 or newer, Chrome 25.0.1364.172 or higher, Firefox 19.0.1 or higher. Recommended System: Operating System: Windows 8. Browser: Current version of Internet Explorer. Broadband Internet Connection.
- Overdrive: Library Card Number and Library Account Pin
- iPhone APP: Only Library Card Number
- Android APP: Only Library Card Number