Sno-Isle Libraries offers STARS classes, opens a new window throughout the year. These classes are led by Sno-Isle Libraries staff who are state-approved trainers, opens a new window and have expertise in early literacy or other experts.
This spring, Sno-Isle Libraries is also repeating Stories that Sing, a 1.5 credit on-demand STARS class to accommodate busy schedules. In this class, you’ll learn techniques for incorporating music even if you can’t sing and discover new resources for creating musical storytimes, fostering kindergarten readiness and early literacy. Please note that this class was recorded in Autumn 2021 and mentions health restrictions that were in place during that time. If you received credit for this class in 2021, you are not eligible to receive credit again, as the course has not changed.
Here’s how it works:
- Download, view or print, opens a new window the Stories that Sing class handout.
- View the Stories that Sing video, opens a new window.
- Look over the song & story links on the handout.
- Use at least three of these songs or musical stories with the children you work with. You will be asked to share about your experiences.
- Answer the questions on the final page of the handout and submit them to Kristin Piepho by May 31, 2023.