Sno-Isle Libraries Foundation Executive Director
Direct all aspects of the Library Foundation, including fundraising and donor stewardship. Build relationships internally and externally to match Library District priorities with supporter interest. Provide leadership and support for the Board of Directors to set vision and strategy for the Foundation.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- With an embedded equity, diversity and inclusion lens, develop and foster philanthropic relationships including community members and organizations, Friends of the Library groups, private businesses, and library staff.
- Enhance community support of libraries through philanthropy; work to connect library needs with community and funder interests.
- Develop and oversee Foundation volunteer opportunities, with support from Administrative Assistant and Library staff.
- Lead the Board of Directors in setting the vision and strategy for the Foundation.
- Identify and attract Board members to help achieve Foundation goals; develop appropriate education programs to strengthen and expand Board members' fundraising skills and contacts.
- Actively develop and maintain Board member relationships; facilitate strong, timely and responsive communication.
- Develop, maintain, and grow a diverse portfolio of individual, corporate, and foundation supporters and donors; Manage annual giving campaign and all associated activities.
- Create and execute strategies for attracting new funding streams.
- Develop and implement planned giving strategy; steward existing bequests and endowments.
- Develop corporate and foundation grant program in partnership with Library staff and Foundation Board.
- Supervise gift processing, donor recognition, and grant tracking.
- Work closely with Library staff to develop and maintain financial systems, budgets and procedures, and ensure the accurate reporting and allocating of all funds and expenditures.
- Prepare written statements, policies and reports; maintain effective and accurate recordkeeping and procedures.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver presentations to a variety of groups and officials.
- Lead and/or assist with special projects as assigned.
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with federal, state, and local laws
- Train new staff as needed.
This position reports to a member of the Library Leadership Team and works under the general direction of the Foundation Board of Directors. The position supervises one clerical position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising systems and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of grant writing techniques, resources, and grant administration.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local laws; tax requirements and financial reports pertaining to charitable solicitation, fundraising, development, and philanthropic giving.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills. Analyze, sort, and synthesize data with careful attention to detail.
- Actively promote the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse audiences and a variety of stakeholders including Board members, donors, government officials, and community leaders, employing discretion, grace, and tact. Understand the complexity of the varied constituencies of Sno-Isle Libraries.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and activities, and to work independently and to set priorities.
- Ability to develop relationships with a diverse array of organizations and individuals in a manner that enhances the goals of the Library and the Foundation.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service experience for internal and external customers.
- Ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective interpersonal skills with the public and co-workers.
- Ability to deliver presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to develop and administer budgets and fiscal assets.
- Ability to write comprehensive policies, materials, and reports.
- Ability to drive and hold a valid Washington State driver's license or to arrange independently for such travel.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems including hardware and software, such as Microsoft Word, electronic databases, email, and internet navigation in addition to other office equipment and security systems.
Education and Experience
- Skills and abilities acquired through a combination of experience and training including university-level education.
- At least five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising, with demonstrated success in solicitation of major gifts, grant writing, planned giving, endowments, and trusts.
- Experience as a team leader in libraries, nonprofits, or public sector is highly desirable.
- Development certification (such as CFRE) is desirable.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to operate personal computers for extended periods of time. Activities often occur outside the regular business day including evenings and weekends and require travel from offices in Marysville, WA, throughout the two-county service area to meet with public groups and library staff.
The successful candidates must have the ability to drive and hold a valid Washington State driver's license or to arrange independently for such travel.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The starting annual salary range for this position is $112,985-$124,283.
Interested parties should submit their cover letter and resume to Tom Young, opens a new window at Reffett Associates.
Reference Sno-Isle Libraries Foundation Search in the subject line.