Before you begin:
- First time users need to create an account.
- Applications time out after 30 minutes. It is recommended that you save often, and/or copy and paste your supplemental question responses from a Word document to ensure no progress is lost. You will not be able to save a page until all required fields are filled out.
- All applications must be submitted ONLINE and are due by 9:59 PM on the closing date.
- Suggested browsers to use: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari.
Filling out your application:
- Upload your Resume and Cover Letter before filling out your application.
- Answer supplemental questions completely and tailor your answers to the essential duties listed in the posting of the job for which you are applying.
- Include all relevant information about your work history and qualifications in your application, including volunteer and internship experience.
- Review your application to ensure it is complete and free of spelling and grammatical errors prior to submitting.
- Five professional references are required, including at least two managers. A manager reference can include your current or recent supervisors or managers, indirect supervisors or managers, teachers, professors, advisors, or someone who has observed your volunteer or work group activities.
Upon submitting your application, you will land on a confirmation page with the option to export your submitted application to a PDF for your records. You can view your current and past applications on your My Applications page. This page will also confirm which applications are complete.
Applications will be screened and applicants who best match the needs of posted positions will be contacted by phone if selected for an interview. The selection process can take a minimum of 4 to 8 weeks. In addition to in-person interviews, some postings also involve an initial phone interview and/or a skills assessment. Skills assessments vary and details will be provided at the time an interview is offered.
Sno-Isle Libraries conducts behavior-based interviews using the Targeted Selection method. In order to have a successful interview, candidates should be prepared to provide specific examples of past experiences including a brief description of what the situation was, the actions the candidate took, and what the end result was. Interviews are typically conducted with a panel of three to four supervisors and subject matter experts, depending on the position.
All offers of employment are conditioned on the provision of satisfactory proof of applicant's identity and legal authority to work in the United States. Offers of employment are also conditioned on Sno-Isle's receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and a criminal background check, when required by the position.
Applicants who need accommodations during the application or interview process should contact the Human Resources Department (360) 651-7000.