Who we are
The Friends of the Arlington Library is a not-for-profit, volunteer organization providing essential support to your local library by enhancing library services and facilities to promote literacy, education, cultural and intellectual interaction within the community in partnership with the Sno-Isle Libraries.
What we do
- Daily book sales inside Arlington Library
- Lobby book sales on the 2nd Tuesday and 2nd Wednesday of most months.
- Annual membership drive during the month of October
- Special events
What we fund and support
- Books for babies
- Infant play program
- Summer reading program
- Adult, teen and children's programs
- Ear buds and flash drives
- Dictionaries for third graders in Arlington, Darrington and Lakewood
- Defibrillator maintenance
- Holiday decorations
- Library enhancements
- Imagination Project
- Children's Storybook Garden
When we meet
It had been startling and disappointing to me to find out that story books had been written by people,
that books were not natural wonders, coming up of themselves like grass.