Who we are
The Friends of the Marysville Library is a not-for-profit, volunteer organization. Members raise funds through an on-going book sale, book bag sales, and monetary donations.
What we do
- We try to help the library in every way we can.
- We promote and support librarypolicies.
- We try to provide a few extras that could not be managed with budgetary restrictions.
- We are a non-profit depository for memorials and donations in the interest of the library.
- We help to educate and to entertain.
- We socialize and enjoy the companionship of others who choose to serve the community in a gratifying way.
When we meet
The Friends hold three general meetings each year, on the third Thursday of October, January, and April at 1 p.m. at the Marysville Library. Guests are always welcome. Other programs and events are scheduled throughout the year. See the Classes and Events page for listings.
It had been startling and disappointing to me to find out that story books had been written by people,
that books were not natural wonders, coming up of themselves like grass.