Request a Purchase & Interlibrary Loan
Request a Purchase
We are suspending our Request for Item not in Catalog (RINC) service while the library system is closed.
You can continue to suggest ebook and eaudiobook titles for our Overdrive collection. Just search for the title you want to suggest and then scroll down to the Didn't Find What You Were Looking For section.
We appreciate your patience and support during this time.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
All interlibrary loan requests will be paused during the current public health crisis.
If you have an ILL book checked out to you at this time, please contact your local library about returning those materials.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
FAQs: Suggest a Purchase & ILL
This feature is not currently available in the Libby app.
If you would like to suggest an ebook or downloadable audiobook for purchase, login to the Sno-Isle Libraries OverDrive site and search for a title. If you find a title that we do not already own, hit the recommend button to suggest it for purchase. If the ebook or audiobook does not appear in the search, it is not available for Sno-Isle Libraries to purchase in that format.
As a Sno-Isle Libraries customer you can make 10 recommendations per rolling 30-day period.
For more information on how to find titles to recommend, see OverDrive's help topic: How to recommend titles that you'd like your library to add to its collection.
Sno-Isle Libraries maintains a Local Authors collection in our physical collection and we welcome additions. Materials added to this collection are donated, not purchased.
A local author is a person who lives in the library district's service area (Snohomish and Island Counties, excluding the cities of Everett and Woodway) or who has ties to the area that are evident in their work. The librarians in the Collection Services Department will decide whether an author's work is appropriate for the Local Authors collection.
If you would like to be added to the Local Authors collection, and you meet the eligibility requirements, you may donate one or two copies at your community library or mail them to the Sno-Isle Libraries Service Center:
Attn: Collection Services
7312 35th Ave. NE
Marysville, WA 98271
Due to the volume of materials received, we may not be able to return items not selected for inclusion.
Sno-Isle Libraries also looks to collect local author materials in ebook format. If your title is available in Smashbooks or Kobo, Sno-Isle Libraries is able to purchase these items through Overdrive, our ebook vendor.
Not a local author but would like to add your work to our collection?
Librarians in the Collection Services Department are charged with the responsibility for selecting the materials we purchase. In making purchase decisions, the librarians are guided by selection criteria that are included in the Collection Development Policy.
How to suggest your work:
Contact Us - In your message, please include:
- General information about your book (title, author, ISBN, publisher, date of publication, price, intended audience)
- A link to your book's website and links to reviews or other media coverage (we rely on reviews for much of our selection decisions)
You may also submit promotional materials or a copy of your work at your community library or the Service Center. Due to the volume of materials received, we may not be able to return sample copies of works that are not solicited by our staff.
Thank you for your interest in adding your work to the Sno-Isle Libraries collection!
FAQs: Contact Us
Yes,the list of community libraries and their phone numbers, addresses, and operating hours are available here.
Chat with us
- Chat with a librarian in real time. Supported chat hours are Monday- Saturday, 9 am–6 pm.
- Submit your question, comment or suggestion by E-mail and our librarians will assist you with your research, help get you started, or make sure your feedback is directed to the right place.
- Check the Locations & Hours page for your local library for their phone number and operating hours.
- Questions? A member of our Administrative Center staff can also help direct your call. Call us at 360-651-7000 (local) or 877-766-4753 (toll free), Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
- Text your questions to 360-810-5188. Supported hours are Monday - Thursday 8am to 9pm, Friday - Sunday 8am to 6pm.
- To expedite service, please include your name and telephone number in your initial message. Your standard text messaging rates apply.
- Book-A-Librarian appointments will allow you to ask your question directly to library staff in a face-to-face digital setting. This free 30- to 60-minute session will provide you with personalized help finding information or using technology.
Yes, if you have a question, comment or suggestion, please email the library and we will respond within 24 to 48 hours.