While some Library on Wheels services are resuming in a modified way, others remain paused due to health and safety guidelines. Please call 360-651-7059 with questions.
Every month the Bookmobile provides library service to underserved communities. The Bookmobile operates on a regular schedule, with twice a month visits to each location. Check out our Community Stop Locations to find out where we'll be.
Looking at books inside the Bookmobile.
The Bookmobile in 1941.
The Bookmobile through the years.
Priorities & Guidelines
The Bookmobile provides library materials and services to people of all ages. It provides service to outlying and underserved communities and to customers who cannot easily access a community library.
- Contracting or annexed cities and towns without a library building
- Service to communities with limited access to a neighboring library.
- Senior / care / youth facilities / low-income neighborhoods
- Community events
Stops are 30 to 180 minutes depending on usage and need. The schedule will be arranged to provide optimum and visible service to the largest number of residents as efficiently as possible.
Individuals representing communities may petition for a bookmobile stop using the "Request for Bookmobile Stop" form. Addition of new stops will be according to the criteria below. The Library on Wheels manager will approve all changes to the Bookmobile schedule.
Criteria to establish, modify, or discontinue bookmobile stops
- Bookmobile stops must be within the Sno-Isle Libraries service area.
- Potential stops will be evaluated and selected according to their service priority.
- Sufficient staff and resources must be available to add a stop.
- The stop must provide ample room to maneuver and park the bookmobile on a level, solid parking area.
- The stop must provide maximum accessibility and safety for customers and staff; and sufficient parking area for patrons.
- Population density and proximity of other library facilities or stops will be considered in establishing or continuing bookmobile stops.
- Maximum efficiency of bookmobile routes and travel time throughout the two counties served will be considered in adding new stops.
- The Bookmobile schedule will be adapted to respond to usage of service including circulation, door count, reference questions, and other library services.
- Preference is given to visible locations that are community centers and/or provide other community services.
- Consistent return of library materials in good condition.
- Sno-Isle Libraries reserves the right to discontinue stops that exhibit a continuing trend of low attendance and/or low circulation, or declining use, in order to allow service to other areas.