Who we are
The Friends of the Mountlake Terrace Library is a not-for-profit, volunteer organization providing essential support to your local library. We welcome new members!
As a non-profit tax exempt organization, we seek:
- To support and promote public awareness of library services, facilities and staff in positive and creative ways
- To enhance partnerships between Mountlake Terrace Library, Friends of Mountlake Terrace Library and the community.
- To provide resources for the Mountlake Terrace Library which are beyond the means of the Library Board and Sno-Isle Libraries
- To provide diverse and enriching programming for all ages and cultural groups
What we do
Funding by the Friends provides:
- Children's, Adult and Family programs
- Books for summer reading finishers
- Magazine subscriptions
- Fundraising activities include ongoing book sales, membership dues, and donations.
When we meet
It had been startling and disappointing to me to find out that story books had been written by people,
that books were not natural wonders, coming up of themselves like grass.