Book a Librarian
Need help downloading an e-book? Not sure where to start on a research project? Want coaching on basic computer skills? Arrange for a personalized digital session with a library professional.
Things we can help with:
- Creating an email account
- Browsing the library's catalog
- Downloading e-books and audiobooks
- Searching the Internet
- Using electronic databases
- Other computer basics
Other, non-technical topics are also available for Book-a-Librarian sessions. This can include:
- Personalized help with a research project
- Helping you discover new books and authors that match your tastes and interests
Sno-Isle Libraries prides itself on the training of our information professionals. If the staff member you are talking to is unfamiliar with your topic, we promise to find a staff member that can help.
FAQs: Contact Free Services
Web Printing Web printing can be used from any location, including at home, on any web-connected device. Customers receive a weekly print allowance of $7.00. Print jobs that exceed a customer's remaining weekly allowance will not be printed. Additional printing exceeding the $7 credit will not be available. Printing can be in black & white or color. Black & white prints are charged at 10-cents per page and color prints are charged at 50-cents per page.
- Visit https://www.sno-isle.org/remoteprint, opens a new window or click the Remote Printing Portal button below.
- Login using your Sno-Isle Libraries barcode and PIN.
- If on mobile, tap View in Desktop Mode from the bottom of the Summary.
- Choose Web Print from the menu on the left.
- Choose the Submit a Job button.
- Choose either black and white or color.
- Choose the Print Options and Account Selection button.
- Enter the number of copies you need and choose the Upload Documents button.
- Upload files by dragging them into the highlighted box or browse files by selecting Upload from Computer.
- When you have finished uploading files, choose the Upload and Complete button.
- You will see a list of jobs pending release. They will say Held in Queue under status.
- Files are held in print queue for 48 hours.
- Click Notify Library button. A form will open. Select a Library, enter your library card number and click submit. Please allow 2 business hours for documents to be printed and made available to be picked up.
- Come to the library you selected in the form.
- When you arrive at the library, call the pickup-notification number for that library.
- A library staff member will then meet you at the library door, verify your identity, and then place your printing with cover sheet outside the door for you.
- Questions? Library staff are happy to help.
When your items are ready, you will receive an automated email and/or phone call.
- Come to the library where your items are on hold.
- When you get here, call the pickup-notification number for that library.
- A library staff member will ask for your name or library card number.
- A library staff member will then meet you at the library main door.
- Before opening the door, the staff member will verify your identity by name or library card number.
- You will be asked to step back from the closed door.
- The staff member will open the door.
- The staff member will place your items outside the door in a recyclable paper bag labeled for you.
- Take home and enjoy!
Visit our Contact-Free page for more information.
Sno-Isle Libraries offers online proctoring certification for Microsoft Office and other software. You can find out more about the program here, opens a new window.
Sno-Isle Libraries does not offer proctoring for college testing or other student exams.
Please consult the following institutions or groups for availability of proctoring services for college testing and student exam supervision:
- Edmonds Community College Testing Center
- Everett Community College Testing Center
- University Center of North Puget Sound
- Skagit Valley College Testing Center
- National College Testing Association
- Sylvan Learning Centers in Everett, Lynnwood, Monroe, Oak Harbor, Snohomish, and Stanwood offer proctoring services.
- Some institutions permit Proctor U.
FAQs: Contact Us
Yes,the list of community libraries and their phone numbers, addresses, and operating hours are available here.
Chat with us
- Chat with a librarian in real time. Supported chat hours are Monday- Saturday, 9 am–6 pm.
- Submit your question, comment or suggestion by E-mail and our librarians will assist you with your research, help get you started, or make sure your feedback is directed to the right place.
- Check the Locations & Hours page for your local library for their phone number and operating hours.
- Questions? A member of our Administrative Center staff can also help direct your call. Call us at 360-651-7000 (local) or 877-766-4753 (toll free), Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
- Text your questions to 360-810-5188. Supported hours are Monday - Thursday 8am to 9pm, Friday - Sunday 8am to 6pm.
- To expedite service, please include your name and telephone number in your initial message. Your standard text messaging rates apply.
- Book-A-Librarian appointments will allow you to ask your question directly to library staff in a face-to-face digital setting. This free 30- to 60-minute session will provide you with personalized help finding information or using technology.
Yes, if you have a question, comment or suggestion, please email the library and we will respond within 24 to 48 hours.