Book a Librarian
Need help downloading an ebook? Not sure where to start on a research project? Want coaching on basic computer skills? Arrange for a personalized digital or in-person session with a library professional.
Subjects we can help with:
- Creating an email account
- Browsing the library's catalog
- Downloading ebooks and digital audiobooks
- Searching the internet
- Using electronic databases
- Other computer basics
Other, non-technical topics are also available for book a librarian sessions. This can include:
- Personalized help with a research project
- Helping you discover new books and authors that match your tastes and interests
Sno-Isle Libraries prides itself on the training of our information professionals. Let us connect you with a staff member who can help answer your questions.
FAQs: Contact Free Services
Visit computers & printing for instructions.
Contact-free pickup is a great option to get your holds in a hurry. Here's how it works:
- When your items are ready for pickup, you will receive an automated email and/or phone call.
- When you arrive at the library, call the pickup notification number for that library.
- A library staff member will ask for your name and contact information, or library card number.
- A library staff member will check materials out to you and instruct you on how to pick up your materials.
- Take home and enjoy!
Learn more about our contact-free services.
Sno-Isle Libraries offers online proctoring certification for Microsoft Office and other software.
Sno-Isle Libraries does not offer proctoring for college testing or other student exams.
Please consult the following institutions or groups for availability of proctoring services for college testing and student exam supervision:
- Edmonds Community College Testing Center
- Everett Community College Testing Center
- Skagit Valley College Testing Center
- National College Testing Association
- Sylvan Learning Centers in Everett, Lynnwood, Monroe, Oak Harbor, Snohomish, and Stanwood offer proctoring services.
- Some institutions permit Proctor U.
FAQs: Contact Us
Yes. Please see the list of community libraries, opens a new window to find phone numbers, addresses, and operating hours.
Chat with us
- Chat with a librarian in real time. Supported chat hours are Monday - Saturday, 9 am–6 pm.
- Submit your questions, comments, or suggestions by email and our librarians will assist you.
- Check the Locations & Hours page to find your community library's phone number and operating hours.
- Questions? A member of our Administrative Center staff can also help direct your call. Call us at 360-651-7000 (local) or 877-766-4753 (toll free), Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
- Text your questions to 360-810-5188. Supported hours are Monday - Saturday, 9 am - 6 pm.
- To expedite service, please include your name and telephone number in your initial message. Your standard text messaging rates apply.
- Book a Librarian appointments allow you to ask your question directly to library staff during a digital or in-person session. This free 30- to 60-minute session will provide you with personalized help finding information or using technology.
Yes, if you have a question, comment or suggestion, please email the library and we will respond within 24 to 48 hours.