Book a Librarian
Need help downloading an e-book? Not sure where to start on a research project? Want coaching on basic computer skills? Arrange for a personalized digital or in-person session with a library professional.
Subjects we can help with:
- Creating an email account
- Browsing the library's catalog
- Downloading eBooks and audiobooks
- Searching the internet
- Using electronic databases
- Other computer basics
Other, non-technical topics are also available for Book-a-Librarian sessions. This can include:
- Personalized help with a research project
- Helping you discover new books and authors that match your tastes and interests
Sno-Isle Libraries prides itself on the training of our information professionals. Let us connect you with a staff member who can help answer your questions.
FAQs: Contact Free Services
How to Submit a Print JobFrom the library's homepage, click Services, then Computers & Printing, then Remote Printing Portal. You will be prompted to enter your library card number and PIN at this point. Choose Web Print from the menu on the left. Note: If on mobile, tap View in Desktop Mode from the bottom of the summary.
- Choose the Submit a Job button.
- Choose either black and white or color and size of paper you would like to print.
- Choose the Print Options and Account Selection button.
- Enter the number of copies you need and choose the Upload Documents button.
- Upload files by dragging them into the highlighted box or browse files by selecting Upload from Computer.
How to Retrieve Your Print Job
- To have the Library print the job for contact-free pickup, click the Notify Library button. A form will open. Select a library, enter your library card number, and click submit. Please allow 2 business hours for documents to be printed and made available to be picked up.
- To print yourself, go to any library that is open for in-building services. At the print station, enter your library card number and pin, then select the job or jobs you would like to print.
Contact-free pickup is a great option to get your holds in a hurry. Here's how it works:
- When your items are ready for pickup, you will receive an automated email and/or phone call.
- When you arrive at the library, call the pickup notification number for that library.
- A library staff member will ask for your name and contact information, or library card number.
- A library staff member will check materials out to you and instruct you on how to pick up your materials.
- Take home and enjoy!
Learn more about our contact-free services.
Sno-Isle Libraries offers online proctoring certification for Microsoft Office and other software. You can find out more about the program here, opens a new window.
Sno-Isle Libraries does not offer proctoring for college testing or other student exams.
Please consult the following institutions or groups for availability of proctoring services for college testing and student exam supervision:
- Edmonds Community College Testing Center
- Everett Community College Testing Center
- Skagit Valley College Testing Center
- National College Testing Association
- Sylvan Learning Centers in Everett, Lynnwood, Monroe, Oak Harbor, Snohomish, and Stanwood offer proctoring services.
- Some institutions permit Proctor U.
FAQs: Contact Us
Yes. Please see the list of community libraries, opens a new window to find phone numbers, addresses, and operating hours.
Chat with us
- Chat with a librarian in real time. Supported chat hours are Monday - Saturday, 9 am–6 pm.
- Submit your question, comment or suggestion by email and our librarians will assist you.
- Check the Locations & Hours page to find your community library's phone number and operating hours.
- Questions? A member of our Administrative Center staff can also help direct your call. Call us at 360-651-7000 (local) or 877-766-4753 (toll free), Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
- Text your questions to 360-810-5188. Supported hours are Monday - Saturday, 9 am - 6 pm.
- To expedite service, please include your name and telephone number in your initial message. Your standard text messaging rates apply.
- Book a Librarian appointments allow you to ask your question directly to library staff during a digital or in-person session. This free 30- to 60-minute session will provide you with personalized help finding information or using technology.
Yes, if you have a question, comment or suggestion, please email the library and we will respond within 24 to 48 hours.