Book a Librarian
Need help downloading an e-book? Not sure where to start on a research project? Want coaching on basic computer skills? Arrange for a personalized digital session with a library professional.
Things we can help with:
- Creating an email account
- Browsing the library's catalog
- Downloading e-books and audiobooks
- Searching the Internet
- Using electronic databases
- Other computer basics
Other, non-technical topics are also available for Book-a-Librarian sessions. This can include:
- Personalized help with a research project
- Helping you discover new books and authors that match your tastes and interests
Sno-Isle Libraries prides itself on the training of our information professionals. If the staff member you are talking to is unfamiliar with your topic, we promise to find a staff member that can help.
FAQs: Contact Free Services
Web printing can be used from any location, including at home, on any web-connected device.
Customers receive a weekly print allowance of $7.00. Print jobs that exceed a customer's remaining weekly allowance will not be printed. Additional printing exceeding the $7 credit will not be available.
Printing can be in black & white or color. Black & white prints are charged at 10-cents per page and color prints are charged at 50-cents per page.
- Visit https://www.sno-isle.org/remoteprint, opens a new window or click the Remote Printing Portal button below.
- Login using your Sno-Isle Libraries barcode and PIN.
- If on mobile, tap View in Desktop Mode from the bottom of the Summary.
- Choose Web Print from the menu on the left.
- Choose the Submit a Job button.
- Choose either black and white or color.
- Choose the Print Options and Account Selection button.
- Enter the number of copies you need and choose the Upload Documents button.
- Upload files by dragging them into the highlighted box or browse files by selecting Upload from Computer.
- When you have finished uploading files, choose the Upload and Complete button.
- You will see a list of jobs pending release. They will say Held in Queue under status.
- Files are held in print queue for 48 hours.
- Click Notify Library button. A form will open. Select a Library, enter your library card number and click submit. Please allow 2 business hours for documents to be printed and made available to be picked up.
Contact Free Printing Pickup:
- Come to the library you selected in the form.
- When you arrive at the library, call the pickup-notification number for that library.
- A library staff member will then meet you at the library door, verify your identity, and then place your printing with cover sheet outside the door for you.
- Questions? Library staff are happy to help.
When your items are ready, you will receive an automated email and/or phone call.
- Come to the library where your items are on hold.
- When you get here, call the pickup-notification number for that library.
- A library staff member will ask for your name or library card number.
- A library staff member will then meet you at the library main door.
- Before opening the door, the staff member will verify your identity by name or library card number.
- You will be asked to step back from the closed door.
- The staff member will open the door.
- The staff member will place your items outside the door in a recyclable paper bag labeled for you.
- Take home and enjoy!
Visit our Contact-Free page for more information.
FAQs: Contact Us
Yes,the list of community libraries and their phone numbers, addresses, and operating hours are available here.
Chat with us
- Chat with a librarian in real time. Supported chat hours are Monday- Saturday, 9 am–6 pm.
- Submit your question, comment or suggestion by E-mail and our librarians will assist you with your research, help get you started, or make sure your feedback is directed to the right place.
- Check the Locations & Hours page for your local library for their phone number and operating hours.
- Questions? A member of our Administrative Center staff can also help direct your call. Call us at 360-651-7000 (local) or 877-766-4753 (toll free), Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
- Text your questions to 360-810-5188. Supported hours are Monday - Thursday 8am to 9pm, Friday - Sunday 8am to 6pm.
- To expedite service, please include your name and telephone number in your initial message. Your standard text messaging rates apply.
- Book-A-Librarian appointments will allow you to ask your question directly to library staff in a face-to-face digital setting. This free 30- to 60-minute session will provide you with personalized help finding information or using technology.
Yes, if you have a question, comment or suggestion, please email the library and we will respond within 24 to 48 hours.