Suggest a Purchase & Interlibrary Loan
If you didn’t find what you’re looking for in our collection, we may still be able to get it for you:
- Suggest a Purchase - for physical items that have already been published
- OverDrive - ebooks or digital audiobooks
- Interlibrary Loan – request to borrow items from another library system
Suggest a Purchase
Use Suggest a Purchase to recommend* that the library purchase print books, audiobook CDs, DVDs, and items related to local history or promoted in local news media.
*Up to 10 requests per month
If you are interested in being notified when a new item is added by a specific author, use Author Alerts.
Use OverDrive to suggest ebook and digital audiobook titles for our Overdrive collection. Search for the title you want to suggest. Scroll down to the Didn't Find What You Were Looking For section.
First time using Interlibrary Loan? Sign up for an account on the portal.
Use Interlibrary Loan to request* items you would like us to try borrowing from another library system when:
- item you are looking for is out of print
- item was requested through Suggest a Purchase and it was not purchased
- item is scholarly or for research
- must be at least 12 months old
*Up to 5 active requests
FAQ: Suggest a Purchase & Interlibrary Loan
You can suggest:
- large print books
- graphic novels
You can make up to 10 suggestions each month.
You can suggest ebook and digital audiobook titles for our Overdrive collection. Just search for the title you want to suggest and then scroll down to the Didn't find what you're looking for? section. Click recommend on the title you’d like to suggest for purchase.
FAQ: Contact Us
Yes. Please see the list of community libraries, opens a new window to find phone numbers, addresses, and operating hours.
Chat with us
- Chat with a librarian in real time. Supported chat hours are Monday - Saturday, 9 am–6 pm.
- Submit your question, comment or suggestion by email and our librarians will assist you.
- Check the Locations & Hours page to find your community library's phone number and operating hours.
- Questions? A member of our Administrative Center staff can also help direct your call. Call us at 360-651-7000 (local) or 877-766-4753 (toll free), Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
- Text your questions to 360-810-5188. Supported hours are Monday - Saturday, 9 am - 6 pm.
- To expedite service, please include your name and telephone number in your initial message. Your standard text messaging rates apply.
- Book a Librarian appointments allow you to ask your question directly to library staff during a digital or in-person session. This free 30- to 60-minute session will provide you with personalized help finding information or using technology.
Yes, if you have a question, comment or suggestion, please email the library and we will respond within 24 to 48 hours.