Suggest a Purchase & Interlibrary Loan
If you didn’t find what you’re looking for in our collection, we may still be able to get it for you.
Sign up for Author Alerts to be notified by email or text message when new titles by your favorite authors or performers are added!
Suggest a Purchase
Books & DVDs
Use Suggest a Purchase to recommend that the library purchase already published print books, CD audiobooks, DVDs, and items related to local history. You may suggest up to 10 items per month.
*Log in required. Use your library card number or username and PIN or password.
Ebooks & Digital Audiobooks
Use Overdrive to suggest ebook and digital audiobook titles for our Overdrive collection.
- Search for the title you want to suggest.
- Scroll down to Didn't find what you were looking for? and select Recommend on the title that you would like to suggest then provide your email address and select recommend to submit your request.
Interlibrary Loan (Request from Another Library)
First time requesting materials from another library system? Sign up for an account on the portal.
Use Interlibrary Loan to request* items you would like to attempt to borrow from another library system when:
- the item you are looking for is out of print
- the item was requested through Suggest a Purchase and was not purchased
- the item is scholarly or for research
Please note that items must be at least 12 months old.
*Up to 5 active requests
FAQ: Suggest a Purchase & Interlibrary Loan
You can use the suggest a purchase feature to request that the library purchase already published books, large print books, DVDs, CD audiobooks, and graphic novels. To suggest a purchase, log into your online library account using the login button in the upper righthand corner of the screen. From the sidebar on the My Dashboard or My Settings pages, you can Suggest a Purchase. You can make up to 10 suggestions each month.
Visit Overdrive and search for the title you want to suggest. Scroll down to Didn't find what you were looking for? and select Recommend on the title that you would like to suggest then provide your email address and select recommend to submit your request. You can make 10 recommendations per rolling 30-day period.
The recommendations feature is not currently available directly in the Libby app. Please use the instructions above to request titles for the Libby app in Overdrive.
You can view the status of your suggestion by logging into your library account and selecting Suggested this Month on the left side of your screen. Your suggestions will be Under Review while staff are evaluating them and will move to either Approved or Not Approved after a decision has been made. If items are approved, they should be in the catalog within a month of your suggestion.
Use the Author Alerts service to be alerted automatically when new items are added to the collection.
FAQ: Contact Us
Chat with us
- Chat with library staff in real-time. Chat is available Monday - Saturday, 9 am - 6 pm.
- Submit your questions, comments or suggestions by email and our librarians will assist you.
- Check Locations & Hours to find your community library's phone number and operating hours.
- Questions? A member of our Administrative Center staff can also help direct your call. Call us at 360-651-7000 (local) or 877-766-4753 (toll-free), Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Text your questions to (360) 810-5188. Text assistance is available Monday - Saturday, 9 am - 6 pm. Please include your name and telephone number in your initial message. Standard text messaging rates apply.
Book a Librarian
- Make an appointment for a virtual or in-person Book a Librarian session. These free sessions allow you to get one-on-one assistance with your research and technology questions.
Contact us for assistance.