When you join the team at Sno-Isle Libraries, you'll be joining one of the best. We're one of the busiest of Washington's major library districts, serving over 770,000 residents across two counties.
Sno-Isle Libraries’ vision is that everyone in our community is connected to their library. As part of achieving this vision, we believe in hiring the best people and providing equitable access to opportunities and resources for development so you can explore a career that will be vital and interesting for years to come. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities, and value the variety of ideas, worldviews, and personal experience that our staff bring to their work.
At Sno-Isle Libraries, you'll work with friendly, passionate people who are enthusiastic about learning and growing and are committed to public service. It's a dynamic work environment where your contributions have real impact.
- All applications must be submitted online.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older to be eligible for employment.
- If you are a current Sno-Isle employee, please apply through PayCom's Job Opportunities, opens a new window using your SIL email address.
Sno-Isle Libraries is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, physical, or mental disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability.
FAQs: Employment & Volunteering
All open job positions are posted online. You can access our currently available positions by visiting employment opportunities and clicking “View Current Openings.” Due to the current public health situation, review of applications may be delayed. We are still accepting applications for any posted positions and appreciate your interest in working at Sno-Isle Libraries.
Whether you're interested in a position at one of our 23 library locations throughout Snohomish and Island counties, with our outreach services through Library on Wheels, or at our Service Center in Marysville, Washington, you'll find the rewarding career you've been seeking at Sno-Isle Libraries.
At each of our locations, you'll find friendly and warm individuals who make customer service a top priority. You'll discover how the staff operates as a team, working together to help customers get the most out of their library experience. Our job opportunities include:
(Requires a Master of Library and Information Science Degree)
Reference, Children's, Teens, Collection Services
- Library Manager II, II, IV and Assistant Library Manager
Adult Services, Early Literacy, Programming Services, School Age, and Teen/Tween
- District Managers
Community Library & Outreach Positions
- Public Services Assistant
- Library Associate
- Supervising Public Services Assistant
- Library Circulation Supervisor
- Library Manager I
Acquisitions, Cataloging, Circulation & Delivery
- Communications & Marketing
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Before you begin:
- First time users need to create an account.
- Applications time out after 30 minutes. It is recommended that you save often, and/or copy and paste your supplemental question responses from a Word document to ensure no progress is lost. You will not be able to save a page until all required fields are filled out.
- All applications must be submitted ONLINE and are due by 9:59 PM on the closing date.
- Suggested browsers to use: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari.
Filling out your application:
- Upload your resume and cover letter before filling out your application. If you're not sure how to address your cover letter, we suggest "Dear Hiring Team".
- Answer supplemental questions completely and tailor your answers to the essential duties listed in the posting of the job for which you are applying.
- Include all relevant information about your work history and qualifications in your application, including volunteer and internship experience.
- Review your application to ensure it is complete and free of spelling and grammatical errors prior to submitting.
- Five professional references are required, including at least two managers. A manager reference can include your current or recent supervisors or managers, indirect supervisors or managers, teachers, professors, advisors, or someone who has observed your volunteer or work group activities.
Upon submitting your application, you will land on a confirmation page with the option to export your submitted application to a PDF for your records. You can view your current and past applications on your My Applications page. This page will also confirm which applications are complete.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are not currently accepting volunteer applications.
Sno-Isle Libraries welcomes students pursuing a career in Library and Information Science. College internships are available to students, including Sno-Isle employees currently enrolled in a library school, wishing to gain valuable, real-world experience and course credit. It is our goal to provide a rich, structured field learning experience for students in a variety of professional settings.
All internships will follow these guidelines:
- Internships are unpaid. All transportation costs are the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns will be supervised by a professional in their field of interest.
- Internships can be completed in any Sno-Isle library or at the Service Center, dependent upon the needs and availability of projects.
- All interns must successfully pass a background check before they begin work.
- All interns must successfully complete an interview process before placement.
- Interns are responsible for coordinating any documentation needed for course credits.
- Interns are held to the same professional expectations as library staff.
- Sno-Isle Libraries reserves the right to terminate the internship relationship for poor performance or when library policies and procedures are not followed.
To find out more about the Sno-Isle Libraries Internship Program, please contact: Terri Taylor, Human Resources Specialist - 360-651-7004.
Sno-Isle Libraries regularly attends and sponsors career events in conjunction with local college campuses and the University of Washington iSchool. Contact the Career Center of your college or university for more details.
FAQs: Contact Us
Yes,the list of community libraries and their phone numbers, addresses, and operating hours are available here.
Chat with us
- Chat with a librarian in real time. Supported chat hours are Monday- Saturday, 9 am–6 pm.
- Submit your question, comment or suggestion by E-mail and our librarians will assist you with your research, help get you started, or make sure your feedback is directed to the right place.
- Check the Locations & Hours page for your local library for their phone number and operating hours.
- Questions? A member of our Administrative Center staff can also help direct your call. Call us at 360-651-7000 (local) or 877-766-4753 (toll free), Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
- Text your questions to 360-810-5188. Supported hours are Monday - Thursday 8am to 9pm, Friday - Sunday 8am to 6pm.
- To expedite service, please include your name and telephone number in your initial message. Your standard text messaging rates apply.
- Book-A-Librarian appointments will allow you to ask your question directly to library staff in a face-to-face digital setting. This free 30- to 60-minute session will provide you with personalized help finding information or using technology.
Yes, if you have a question, comment or suggestion, please email the library and we will respond within 24 to 48 hours.