When you join the team at Sno-Isle Libraries, you'll be joining one of the best. We're one of the busiest of Washington's major library districts, serving more than 800,000 residents across two counties.
Sno-Isle Libraries’ vision is that everyone in our community is connected to their library. As part of achieving this vision, we believe in hiring the best people and providing equitable access to opportunities and resources for development so you can explore a career that will be vital and interesting for years to come.
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities, and value the variety of ideas, worldviews, and personal experience that our staff bring to their work. Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are foundational values of our work here at Sno-Isle Libraries. Learn more about how we serve and celebrate inclusive needs and perspectives on our equity page.
At Sno-Isle Libraries, you'll work with friendly, passionate people who are enthusiastic about learning and growing and are committed to public service. It's a dynamic work environment where your contributions have real impact.
- All applications must be submitted online.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older to be eligible for employment.
- If you are a current Sno-Isle employee, please apply through PayCom's Job Opportunities, opens a new window using your Sno-Isle Libraries email address.
Sno-Isle Libraries is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, physical, or mental disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability.
FAQs: Employment & Volunteering
Whether you're interested in a position at one of our 23 library locations throughout Snohomish and Island counties, with our outreach services through Library on Wheels, or at our Service Center in Marysville, Washington, you'll find the rewarding career you've been seeking at Sno-Isle Libraries. At each of our locations, you'll find friendly and warm individuals who make customer service a top priority. You'll discover how the staff operates as a team, working together to help customers get the most out of their library experience. Our job opportunities include:
Librarian Positions(Requires a Master of Library and Information Science Degree)
- Librarian Reference, Children's, Teens, Collection Services
- Library Manager II, III, IV and Assistant Library Manager
- Service Coordinator Adult Services, Early Literacy, Programming Services, and School Age
- District Manager
Community Library & Outreach Positions
- Supported Page
- Public Services Assistant
- Library Associate
- Supervising Public Services Assistant
- Library Circulation Supervisor
- Library Manager I
- Circulation & Delivery
- Collection Services
- Cataloging & Acquisitions
- Communications & Marketing
- Equity, Inclusion, & Talent Development
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Supported Employment Opportunities
Sno-Isle Libraries is piloting a program to provide paid, competitive Supported Employment opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities supported by a job coach. When a supported opportunity is available, it will be advertised with Employment Service Providers and applications will be accepted through our jobs page (visit Employment, opens a new window and click “View Current Openings”).
To be eligible for Supported Employment positions, candidates must:
- Be a client of the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) and provide their DDA case number.
- Have long-term support from the DDA.
- Have long-term support from a job coach/Employment Service Provider.
Contact us with questions about Supported Employment opportunities.
All open job positions are posted online. You can access our currently available positions by visiting Employment and clicking “View Current Openings.”
Before you begin:
- First-time users will need to create an account.
- Applications time out after 30 minutes. It is recommended that you save often, and/or copy and paste your supplemental question responses from a Word document to ensure no progress is lost. You will not be able to save a page until all required fields are filled out.
- All applications must be submitted online and are due by 9:59 p.m. Pacific time on the closing date.
- Suggested browsers to use: Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
Filling out your application:
- Unless stated in the job description, uploading a resume and/or cover letter is optional. If applicable, upload your resume and cover letter before filling out your application. If you're not sure how to address your cover letter we suggest "Dear Hiring Team."
- Answer supplemental questions completely and tailor your answers to the essential duties listed in the posting of the job for which you are applying.
- Include all relevant information about your work history and qualifications in your application, including volunteer and internship experience.
- Review your application to ensure it is complete prior to submitting.
- Five professional references are required, including at least two managers. A manager reference can include your current or recent supervisors or managers, indirect supervisors or managers, teachers, professors, advisors or someone who has observed your volunteer or workgroup activities.
Upon submitting your application, you will be taken to a confirmation page with the option to export your submitted application to a PDF for your records. You can view your current and past applications on your My Applications page. This page will also confirm which applications are complete.
Please check with your local library for current volunteer opportunities. Learn more about volunteering at Sno-Isle Libraries on our Volunteer page.
Sno-Isle Libraries welcomes students pursuing a career in Library and Information Science. College internships are available to students, including Sno-Isle employees currently enrolled in a library school, wishing to gain valuable, real-world experience and course credit. Internships for other fields of study will be considered on a case-by-case basis. It is our goal to provide a rich, structured field learning experience for students in a variety of professional settings.
All internships will follow these guidelines:
- Internships are unpaid. All transportation costs are the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns will be supervised by a professional in their field of interest.
- Internships can be completed in any Sno-Isle library or at the Service Center, dependent upon the needs and availability of projects.
- All interns must successfully pass a background check before they begin work.
- All interns must successfully complete an interview process before placement.
- Interns are responsible for coordinating any documentation needed for course credits.
- Interns are held to the same expectations as library staff.
- Sno-Isle Libraries reserves the right to terminate the internship relationship for poor performance or when library policies and procedures are not followed.
To find out more about the Sno-Isle Libraries Internship Program, please contact Terri Taylor, Human Resources Specialist, at 360-651-7004.
Sno-Isle Libraries regularly attends and sponsors career events in conjunction with local college campuses and the University of Washington iSchool. Contact the Career Center of your college or university for more details.
FAQs: Contact Us
Chat with us
- Chat with library staff in real-time. Chat is available Monday - Saturday, 9 am - 6 pm.
- Submit your questions, comments or suggestions by email and our librarians will assist you.
- Check Locations & Hours to find your community library's phone number and operating hours.
- Questions? A member of our Administrative Center staff can also help direct your call. Call us at 360-651-7000 (local) or 877-766-4753 (toll free), Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Text your questions to (360) 810-5188. Text assistance is available Monday - Saturday, 9 am - 6 pm. Please include your name and telephone number in your initial message. Standard text messaging rates apply.
Book a Librarian
- Make an appointment for a virtual or in-person Book a Librarian session. These free sessions allow you to get one-on-one assistance with your research and technology questions.
Contact us for assistance.