Computers & Printing
Printing can be submitted from any web-connected device through our Remote Printing Portal. After submitting a print job, you may choose contact-free pickup or come into any open library to print it yourself at a print release station. See How to Retrieve Your Print Job for detailed instructions for each option.
You will receive $7.00 printing credit on your library card each week. Print jobs exceeding your weekly credit cannot be printed using the contact-free method, but funds may be added at print stations for larger print jobs.
Printing can be in black & white or color. See Print Costs for pricing details.
At the Library
Desktop computers are available for use at all libraries except Mariner Library.
Laptops for on-site use will only work when connected to Sno-Isle Wi-Fi on library premises.
The name of the Wi-Fi network at all libraries is sno-isle public. There is no password required and a library card is not required for access. Wi-Fi access at all libraries extends throughout the library and to the library parking lot.
Customers can use their own digital devices to access the Internet in community libraries throughout the Library District. Public Wi-Fi is not routed through the Library District's computer system, is not filtered, and is not secure. See Sno-Isle Libraries Internet Use Policy for more information.
Wi-Fi is available 24/7 at most locations. The following locations have Wi-Fi connectivity from 5 a.m. - 11 p.m. daily:
Device Charging Stations
All libraries have outlets for charging your personal devices. Dedicated device charging station desks with multiple charging connectors are available at the following libraries:
A valid library card is required to check out a laptop or Wi-Fi Hotspot. Online library cards beginning with PACREG are not eligible for checking out laptops and Wi-Fi hotspots.
If you are using a laptop or Wi-Fi hotspot and need help, you can call the library or chat. Additionally, for laptops, a Help icon is on the desktop for quick access to assistance.
FAQ: Computers, Printing & More
Copying and scanning are available at all locations. Your weekly $7.00 printing credit can also be used to pay for copies.
Remote printing can be submitted from your home computer, a library laptop, or another device through our Remote Printing Portal.
Double-sided printing is not available for remote printing, however customers can print double-side by using library computers in person.
To Print Remotely
Visit the library’s Remote Printing Portal. Enter your library card number and PIN then choose Web Print from the left menu. If you are on mobile, tap View in Desktop Mode from the bottom of the summary.
- Select Submit a Job
- Select black and white or color and size of paper you would like to print
- Select the Print Options and Account Selection button
- Enter the number of copies you need and select the Upload Documents button
- Upload files by dragging them into the highlighted box or browse files by selecting Upload from Computer
- Select the Upload and Complete
To Retrieve Your Remote Print Job
- To have library staff print the job for contact-free pickup, select the Notify Library button. Once the form opens, select a library, enter your library card number, and submit. Please allow 2 business hours for documents to be printed and available for pickup.
- To print yourself, visit any library during open hours. At the print station, enter your library card number and PIN, then select the job you would like to print.
Each week, you will receive a $7.00 printing credit with your library card. You can print in black & white or color.
The weekly printing credit cannot be converted to cash and unused amounts do not carry over from week to week. Each new week starts on Sunday.
For print jobs that exceed your remaining weekly credit, you may add funds at an in-building print station. Cash or credit is accepted.
- 8.5 x 11 inches (standard paper size) black & white: $0.10 per page
- 8.5 x 11 inches (standard paper size) color: $0.50 per page
- 8.5 x 14 inches (legal paper size) black & white: $0.10 per page
- 8.5 x 14 inches (legal paper size) color: $0.50 per page
- 11 x 17 inches (ledger paper size) black & white: $0.20 per page
- 11 x 17 inches (ledger paper size) color: $1.00 per page
If you choose to print in color, the printer will automatically detect which pages in a job are in color and which are not, and charge accordingly.
If a print job contains a mix of black and white and color pages, you may choose to print it entirely in black & white. The color pages would print in black & white and the entire print job would be charged at the black & white rate.
Sending to the US, Canada & Caribbean Sending to other international destinations $1.75 for the first page $3.95 for the first page $1.00 for each additional page $3.45 for each additional page
Cash (prepaid fax card)
Sending to the US, Canada & Caribbean Sending to other international destinations $1.75 for 1 page $3.75 for 1 page $2.75 for 2 pages $6.75 for 2 pages $3.75 for 3 pages $10.75 for 3 pages $4.75 for 4 pages $5.75 for 5 pages $6.75 for 6 pages $10.75 for up to 18 pages
If paying by credit or debit card there is a recommended maximum of 20 pages per fax. If paying by cash (prepaid fax card), there is a maximum of 18 pages per fax to the US, Canada, & Caribean and 3 pages to other international destinations.
All public desktop computers and laptops are equipped with the following software:
- Snip & Sketch
- Snipping Tool
- Adobe Reader
- GMetrix SMSe
- Google Earth
- VLC Media Player
Additional Accessories available on Windows 10 computers:
- Computer (external file storage access)
- On-Screen Keyboard