Obtain a certification in Microsoft Office and other software from home, free of charge, through Sno-Isle Libraries! A complete list of available certifications is found at the bottom of this page. This program is generously funded by the Washington State Library.
First, review important information from Certiport about their Exams from Home program. This includes computer and internet requirements.
Before getting started with an online certification, we recommend spending a bit of time studying. Lynda.com is available with a library card, and contains many tutorials that will be helpful to you. The Washington State Library also provides access to Microsoft Imagine Academy. Additional materials on the Washington State Library’s Learn, Practice, Certify! page may be helpful.
If you’d like help in searching our print or digital collections for study materials, ask a librarian.
Once you’re ready to get started:
- Write to us at email@example.com and let us know your zip code, the certification you’d like to obtain, and how you’d like to verify that you are ready to take the exam;
- Verify readiness to take the exam by
- Submitting a transcript for a class that covers exam content;
- Passing two GMetrix practice tests with a score of 85% of higher;
- Schedule your exam with us. We usually proctor on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month;
- Create a Certiport account, and make sure you are able to log in without difficulty before your exam;
- Watch your email inbox the day of your test to receive your exam link and voucher number from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best of luck on your exam!
Microsoft Office Specialist Certifications
- Word Expert
- Excel Expert
Microsoft Technology Associate Certifications
- Introduction to Programming Using Java (Exam 98-388)
- Introduction to Programming Using HTML and CSS (Exam 98-383)
- Introduction to Programming Using Python (Exam 98-381)
- HTML5 Application Developer Fundamentals (Exam 98-375)
- Software Development Fundamentals (Exam 98-361)
- Database Administration Fundamentals (Exam 98-364)
IT Infrastructure Exams
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals (Exam 98-368)
- Security Fundamentals (Exam 98-367)
- Networking Fundamentals (Exam 98-366)
- Windows Server Administration Fundamentals (Exam 98-365)
- Windows Operating System Fundamentals (Exam 98-349)
- Developer Exams
Microsoft Technical Certifications
- Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals (MS-900)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (MB-901)
- Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals (PL-900)
Adobe Certified Associate Certifications
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Animate
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro