Andrea J. Loney
Meet the author of the Abby in Orbit series
Tuesday, February 27 at 10:30 AM – Join Webinar
Fun Facts about Andrea J. Loney
- Family Background: Andrea J. Loney is from a large African-American, Jamaican and Panamanian family, and grew up in a small suburban New Jersey town.
- Reading and Writing: Even as a young child Andrea loved to read books and write her own stories. Andrea graduated from New York University with an MFA in Dramatic Writing and is now an award-winning author of both picture books and chapter books including the Abby in Orbit series.
- Other Jobs: Before becoming a published author, Andrea joined the Big Apple Circus! She traveled around with clowns, elephants, and acrobats for a whole year. Other jobs include working for Disney and teaching computer skills to veterans.
- Andrea’s pets: Andrea has a purry ninja kitty named Sophie Grace and two betta fish named Jean-Michel Fisquiat and Frida Fishie Kahlo. Her favorite wild animal is a two-toed sloth.
- Other Favorites: Andrea’s favorite video game is Animal Crossing and her favorite musical instrument to play is the heart-shaped Kalimba, a mini finger instrument.
- Andrea’s thoughts on books: “Throughout my life, some of my best friends have been books. They have delighted, empowered, and comforted me with their stories. Today, I hope my words may do the same for kids around the world.”
- Website: https://andreajloney.com/
Check out Andrea's latest book:
Meet the author/illustrator of the Waffles and Pancake series
Tuesday, March 12 at 10:30 AM – Join Webinar
Fun Facts about Drew Brockington
- Graduated from: Kalamazoo College (Michigan) with a degree in Art and Art History
- Lives in: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Other places he has lived: New York, New York
- Has wanted to be a cartoonist since: 5th Grade
- Other work: Graphic design
- Number of books published: 15
- Favorite constellation: Ursa Minor
- Space Camp: Drew went to NASA Space Camp for a week when he was around 30 years old. His favorite parts were working with an International Space Station simulator and touring the Houston Rocket Center.
- Research for Waffles and Pancake: Planetary-YUM: “To prep for Planetary-Yum I watched a lot of Planetarium programs and started building my own show about constellations and stars for what I wanted the kittens to learn. My family has started camping together for the past few years and every time we’re in the woods at night I look up and can easily point out Orion or the Big Dipper.” From interview with Betsy Bird.
- Website: https://brockart.format.com/
Check out Drew's latest book: