The Friends of the Freeland Library is a non-profit tax-exempt corporation. The Mission of the Friends of the Freeland Library is to:
- Support and promote public awareness of library services, facility and staff in positive and creative ways.
- Enhance and promote partnerships between the Freeland Library, the Friends of the Freeland Library, and the community.
- Provide funds and resources for the Freeland Library in support of the community's unique needs.
What We Do
- Provide support for Library programs and activities, including the Summer Reading Program
- Provide continuing education support for Library staff
- Donate furnishings and other items as needed by the library
- Hold a monthly book sale
- Hold daily book and magazine sales in the lobby
- Sponsor programs
- Provide regular newsletters and website content to support, advance and celebrate our mission
When We Meet
The Friends of the Freeland Library will meet on the third Tuesdays of the following months at 1 pm in the library meeting room: January, March,May, September, November.
Freeland Library Book Sale
Monthly book sales are held on the first Saturday of each month.
Volunteers are welcome to help set up from 8 am – 10 am on day of sale or to help with the sale itself from 10 am – 2 pm. Please call 360-331-7323 for more information.
How To Join:
Memberships range from $5 - $100 per year.
A membership application is located on the Friends of the Library Brochure. Complete and submit as directed on the brochure.
Membership forms are also available at the Freeland Library. Send dues, payable to the Friends of the Freeland Library, PO Box 336, Freeland, WA 98249
Information on Donating
The Friends of the Freeland Library gladly accepts monetary donations or memorial gifts. They may be mailed to the Friends of the Freeland Library, PO Box 336, Freeland, WA 98249.
Books may be donated for our lobby and monthly book sales. Encyclopedias, Reader's Digests and Bibles are not normally accepted. Please contact us at 360-331-7323 for other questions about donations.
The Friends of the Freeland Library is a federally recognized non-profit organization. All membership payments and other donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our federal tax identification number is 91-1340777.