Turn Dreams into Reality @ Your Library
October is the month where we celebrate the joys of teen reading! This year’s theme is Turn Dreams into Reality @ Your Library.
When you read, you open up your world to all kinds of possibilities. Books can help you imagine new directions to take your life in, and help you to find skills and information to help your dreams come true. Want to know how a book might help your dreams turn into reality? Dreaming of being a cinematographer? Curious about how to get started with a new hobby? Looking for great words from inspirational leaders? We at Sno-Isle Libraries are committed to helping you find exactly the information you need to Turn Dreams into Reality @ Your Library!
In addition to providing you with first rate information and free help to Turn Dreams into Reality, we are planning all kinds of fun for TRM2014:
- Write book reviews telling us about books you are reading that are helping you achieve your dreams, or took you beyond your reality, for the chance to win a prize.
- Meet up with other teens at our fun Teen Read Month events and classes! You can create a dream journal, watch an inspirational movie, or attend an afterhours teen-only party. More details here.
- Want to know more about what is going on at your local library or how you can get involved volunteering on a Teen Advisory Board? Contact your Teen Librarian.
11th Annual Teen Read Month Art Contest
This year's art contest theme is With Books, Dreams Come True. Teens can create and enter 2-D art showing how With Books, Dreams Come True. You can show us what this means to you personally, or illustrate a great scene from a favorite book where a dream comes true. Use your creativity and talents to show us what you've got! sno-isle.org/teens/artentryform/
Art Contest Rules
- Contest is for teens (grades 6-12, or ages 12-18), who live in Snohomish or Island Counties.
- Art must be submitted either on the official entry form, or with the official entry form attached (paperclips are fine).
- Only 2-D art (which can be scanned for our winner’s posters) is eligible.
- All entries must be turned into a Sno-Isle Library by Friday October 31st.