This page explains how to change your Username and password and how to update other personal information in your account.
Managing Your Account Information
To establish your account you must apply for a library card online or in person at any Sno-Isle library.
If you are 18 years of age or older you must show photo identification to fully activate a Sno-Isle library card. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must approve the library card application. Library service is available to most residents of Snohomish and Island counties, as well as to residents of other jurisdictions within Washington state that provide equitable tax support of public library service, at no additional charge.
Changing Username and Password
You have the option of changing your 'Username' (login name) and 'password'. The default 'Username' is your library card number and the default 'password' is the last four digits of your phone number.
To change your 'Username' and/or 'password', first log into 'My Account' and then click on the 'Change Sign In' link at the bottom of the screen:
To change your 'Username':
- Click in the box next to 'Change Username' so a check mark will appear.
- Type your desired new 'Username' in the two boxes to the right. (They need to match exactly and follow the limitations outlined below the boxes.)
- Click on the 'Save' button at the bottom of the screen.
Note: After you change your 'Username' your library card number will always still work as a Username.
To change your password:
- Click in the box next to 'Change Password' so a check mark will appear.
- Type your current password in the top box to the right.
- Type your desired new password in the next two boxes below. (They need to match exactly and follow the limitations outlined below the boxes.)
- Passwords can be 4-16 characters (letters and numbers only A-Z, a-z, 0-9). Spaces are not allowed and letters are case-sensitive.
- You cannot copy and paste into the password box.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
Note: If you forget your password after changing it you can have your password emailed to you by clicking on the 'Forgot your password?' link on the login screen. This only works if you have an email address entered in the 'Contact Information and Preferences' section of your account. If you do not have an email address, library staff can reset your password in person or by phone.
Updating your Account Information
If your address, telephone or email change, you will need to update your account information.
- Login to your account.
- Click on 'Contact Information and Preferences'. (See instructions above for changing your notification method).
- Update your contact information fields.
- Click on the 'Submit Change Request' button to save your changes.
Note: If you update your telephone number or email this will be done automatically. If you update your address your account will be under review. This could affect your use of our Self-Checkout Machines and your ability to download eBooks. For immediate updating of your address, visit or call your local library.
You can also submit this form to our Ask a Librarian staff who will update your information.