Being a teen isn't always easy. There are so many changes in your life, so many things you need to learn. Just surviving can feel like a challenge. However, there are also a ton of opportunities to grow, and fun roads to explore while finding out who you want to be. Sno-Isle Libraries staff are there for you. We understand that sometimes you don't feel comfortable asking a librarian about sensitive issues. Likewise, results from a web search doesn't always give you the best information. That's why we put together these list of good online resources and booklists for you.
Teen topics on our Pinterest page
Sno-Isle Libraries' Issues That Matter programs are meant to encourage community conversations on high-profile topics. Previous topics have included Teen Suicide, Trafficking, Bullying, and Gun Violence. For the full list of topics, plus recaps, videos, and online resources, check out Issues That Matter.
Booklists created by Sno-Isle staff
- An Unforgivable Violation - Rape
- Compulsions - Stories of OCD
- Coping with Grief and Loss
- Homeless Teens
- I Don't Know What's Real Anymore - Schizophrenia
- Immigrants, Refugees, and Human Rights Abuses
- Living With the Black Dog, Depression
- Love Doesn't Have To Hurt: Dating Violence
- On the Spectrum - Living with Autism
- Surviving Abuse
- Transgender Journeys
- Upside Down, Inside Out: Mental and Emotional Disorders
- Wasted: Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Weighty Matters: Body Issues
What topics do you want more information about? Email our teen coordinator with your requests.
Need life help? Call the Washington Information Network at 2-1-1. Its staff will provide anonymous referals to organizations that can help you with everything from homelessness to free health care providers.