Lakewood/Smokey Point Library opened its doors on Jan. 6. This demonstration library allows both Sno-Isle Libraries and the fast-growing Lakewood/Smokey Point community to see how library services can best be delivered.
What are the library's regular hours?
Tuesday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
What does the library offer?
- Comfortable seating for leisure reading
- Tables for work and study
- A community meeting room
- A wide selection of books, DVDs and other resources
- Laptops for use in the library
- Wi-Fi for use with personal devices
- Library classes and activities to meet community needs and interests
- Personal assistance from library staff
Why open a new library?
- Students attend five public schools located in the Lakewood-Smokey Point area.
- Residents of the area live more than five miles away from libraries in Arlington, Marysville and Stanwood. Heavy traffic in the area makes travel to these libraries difficult.
- Sno-Isle Libraries' 2016-2025 Capital Facilities Plan identified the Lakewood-Smokey Point area as a rapidly growing community underserved by library facilities in other communities.
- The population of this area is projected to increase 10 percent by 2021.