Who We Are
The Friends of the Lynnwood Library is a not-for-profit, volunteer organization established in 1979.
What We Do
These dedicated volunteers raise funds through an on-going book sale, book bag and T-shirt sales, and monetary donations. The Friends' financial support has provided the following in the Lynnwood Library:
- Books for summer reading finishers
- Salt Water Aquarium
- Children's Programs
- Library Furniture and Decorations
- Puppets, Puzzles, Toys
- Commissioned Artwork
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Best Book I Ever Read Contest
- Librarianship Scholarship
- National Library Week Tea
- December Holiday Decorations
- Literacy Programs
- Portable defibrillator
- Teen Zone display cases, lighting and furniture
- Library book carts and CD shelving
- Speaker's lectern
- Ongoing magazine subscriptions and BookPage Magazine
When We Meet
The Friends of the Lynnwood Library meet the second Saturday of the month at 9:00 A.M., September through May only in the Lynnwood Library meeting room.
The Friends of the Lynnwood Library, a member of the Sno-Isle Libraries in Lynnwood, WA, will award a $1000 scholarship for the 2015 academic year.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate school library science program at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must be maintaining a 3.0 or above grade point average.
- Applicants must be planning to pursue PUBLIC LIBRARY employment upon graduating.
- Applicants must reside in or have ties to Snohomish or Island Counties.
Interested applicants should mail a resume and cover letter expressing interest in the scholarship, postmarked by March 1, 2015 to
Friends of the Lynnwood Library
19200 44th Avenue West
Lynnwood, WA 98036
As an alternative, applicants may email their resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com by March 1, 2015.
The scholarship winner will be notified in March 2015, and the funds distributed at the Friends’ Spring Concert and Tea Celebration, April 19, 2015.
How To Join
Complete membership form available at the Lynnwood Library. Annual dues: $1.00.
Information on Donating
The Friends of the Lynnwood Library accept materials in good condition for its on-going book sale. Materials may include books, book sets, encyclopedias, magazines, compact discs, phonograph records, cassette tapes, DVDs, or video tapes.