No matter the temperature or season, Sno-Isle Libraries are here to provide support and connect you with information, resources and services to help you manage extreme changes in the weather.
Cold Weather Support Services
Find information about community resources and organizations that provide assistance when temperatures drop during the winter.
Power outage information
Road condition information
- WSDOT road conditions
- National Weather Service Seattle Twitter
- Washington State DOT Twitter
- Community Transit Rider Alerts, opens a new window
- Winter Driving Tips
Assistance with energy costs
- Snohomish County Energy Assistance 425-388-3880
- Project Pride 425-374-1243
- Navy-Marine Corp Relief Society 425-304-3203
- Opportunity Council Whidbey Island - Energy Assistance 360-679-6577 or 800-317-5427
- Helping Hand of Snohomish County 360-221-7777
Island County Resources (including shelter information)
- Ryan’s House for Youth 360-331-4575
- Helping Hand of South Whidbey 360-221-7777
- Whidbey Island Nourishes 360-221-7787
Social media updates
Snohomish County Resources (including shelter information)
Snohomish County Public Safety Hub
- North Counties Family Services 360-436-0334
- Marysville Cold Weather Shelter 425-686-9272
Monroe and Snohomish
- East County Cold Weather Shelters 360-793-2400
Social media updates
- Snohomish County
- Snohomish County Emergency Management, opens a new window
- Snohomish County Sheriff
- Snohomish Health District, opens a new window
Hot Weather Support Services
When extreme heat is in the forecast, the risk of heat-related illness and forest fire increases. The resources below will help you to avoid heat-related illness and identify increased threats to air quality in western Washington.
- CDC - Extreme Heat - This website provides helpful tips, information, and resources to help you stay safe in the extreme heat this summer.
- CDC - Heat Stress - Heat Related Illness - Information about the various types of heat-related illnesses, and what can be done to prevent and treat them.
- Washington State DOH – Hot Weather Safety - Reduce your risk of heat-related illness with these safety precautions from the Washington State Department of Health.
- Island County - Extreme Heat - Information about preparation, heat illness, pets, and cooling centers.
- Snohomish Health Department – Cooling Centers - List of public facilities with air conditioning, including many of our libraries.
Bad Air & Fire Season Resources
- Washington Department of Ecology – Air Quality Advisory - The Washington Air Quality Advisory (WAQA) is an index for reporting air quality and can advise you about air quality levels.
- Washington Smoke Information - The Washington Smoke blog is a partnership between state, county, tribal, and federal agencies, who coordinate to collectively share info for Washington communities affected by wildfire smoke.
Questions or comments? Contact Us.