Kindergarten is just around the corner! For many parents and caregivers, it's hard to believe you've come this far. Here are resources to help you and your child get ready, plus book recommendations to prep for the first day at school.
- Sno-Isle Libraries | Kindergarten: A one stop shop for library resources, programs, and books for soon-to-be kindergarteners.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children | School Readiness: Helpful articles about making the jump to kindergarten in English and Spanish.
- Get Ready to Read | Transitioning to Kindergarten Toolkit: Practical tips and tools for parents and caregivers as they prepare their child for school life.
Books to Read:
- Getting Ready for the First Day: Recommended books to get ready for the first day of kindergarten.
- Countdown to Kindergarten: 100 books to read during the preschool years.
- Books about Courage: Starting something new takes courage and bravery - read all about it!