Disability Pride Month is observed in July as a way to honor the experiences, accomplishments, and community pride of people with disabilities. Celebrate Disability Pride Month with these events, materials, and resources by, for, and about people with disabilities.
- Online Pub Trivia- Celebrating Disability Pride Month on July 6. Join the fun with this Disability Pride Month-themed trivia game.
- Since the House is Burning: A Poetry Event With Suzanne Edison and Julia Levine on July 8 at the Langley Library. The authors will read from their poetic works, some of which touch on their experiences with disability.
- Nothing About Us Without Us
- Disability Pride!
- Disability Advocacy
- Memoirs of Chronic Illness
- Life, Love, and Friendship
- Books for Diverse Minds
- Life as They Know It
- Middle Grade Books about Disability
- Picture Books About Disability
- Disability Pride Books for Children
- Exploring Neurodiversity: Dyspraxia
- Manga for Disability Pride Month
Instant Access Ebooks
This month, readers can download the following ebooks from OverDrive without any holds or waiting required!
Sitting Pretty: The View from My Ordinary Resilient Disabled Body by Rebekah Taussig
When My Heart Joins the Thousand by A.J. Steiger
My Must-Have Mom by Maudie Smith and Jen Khatun
Accessibility at Sno-Isle Libraries
Learn more about accessibility features at your community library and on the Sno-Isle website on our accessibility page.