To ensure students and families feel connected to their library and have equitable access to all that it offers, Sno-Isle Libraries is continually working to offer materials and resources in multiple languages. The first step is getting a library card.
Keep reading to learn more!
- Books and DVDs are available to check out in English, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Korean. Catalog results can be filtered by Language, Audience, and Fiction or Non-Fiction. Customers can also search the online catalog in these languages by clicking the drop-down menu in the upper left corner of the Sno-Isle Libraries website.
- Digital materials can be downloaded from OverDrive in English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and Russian.
Online tutoring is available in English and Spanish using Brainfuse. Tutors can be accessed seven days a week, 1-11 pm.
- Gale in Context databases (with content for all grade levels) have translations in 45+ languages. Look for the icon:
- Links to library information in multiple languages have been added to the main page of the Sno-Isle Libraries website. Español | 中文 | 日本語 | 한국어 | Pусский | Tiếng Việt
You may have families asking for ELL or citizenship resources, the library can help with that too.
- Improve Your English with Sno-Isle Libraries: Links to library resources for learning and practicing the English language.
- English Language Learning Books: ELL books available in the library catalog.
- Immigrant, Refugee, & Citizenship Resources: Organizations and resources that provide assistance to immigrants and refugees and information about applying for US citizenship.
If you need help looking for resources in a specific language, contact us or complete the School Support Form.