In collaboration with the Town of Darrington and our community, Sno-Isle Libraries has reimagined the Darrington Library to create a welcoming, inspiring space.
Reimagined your library
The Darrington Library has completed the remodel project to make the library more accessible, sustainable, and to update the building.
The remodel design incorporates community, staff, and Town feedback from months of community conversations. Library customers will enjoy a barrier free design with a welcoming entry, quiet reading places, designated children’s area, and an outdoor space. The design brings in the natural landscape from Whitehorse Mountain and the surrounding forest.
Community input will continue to be integral to the new library.
How is the project funded?
- $250,000 Washington Library Capital Improvement Grant
- $70,000 Darrington Rural Partial County Library District
- $50,000 Sno-Isle Libraries Foundation
Sno-Isle Libraries has invested matching funds for the Washington Library Capital Improvement Grant.
Sno-Isle Libraries is approaching funding capital projects in ways that reflect and align with each community. We are optimizing funding by pursuing a combination of sources – grant funding, capital campaigns, regular levy funds – and reducing the reliance on public bond elections.
Architect for the Project
- September 30, 2023: Grand opening!
- March 22, 2023: Temporary location opens at 1015 Seeman Street for continued access to library services during construction.
- February 2023: Tiger Construction was selected as the vendor for construction.
- November 2022: Receiving bids for construction vendors until January 5, 2023.
- November 2022: Coordinating pop-up library to provide continued service during construction.
- July 2022: The Town of Darrington voted and approved the proposed conceptual design.
- July 2022: The Darrington Rural Partial County Library District approved the remodel design and contributed funding to support the project..
- June 2022: Host the community for Darrington Library Remodel Sneak Peek.
- March 2022 - June 2022: Sno-Isle Libraries conducted a series of community conversations, including launching an online survey and in library display to collect community comments.
- July 2021: Sno-Isle Libraries secured $3.1 million in state grants.
Built for you, inspired by you.
Questions or comments? Contact us!