The Colonel Granville Haller house is located at 1 NE Front Street, in downtown Coupeville. This photo was probably taken sometime in the 1970s. The Granvil
A small settlement called Coveland formed at the head of Penn Cove and served as the first Island County seat (1853-1881). Captain Benjamin Barstow (d. 1854) op
The unfinished Admiralty Head Lighthouse near Fort Casey on Whidbey Island in 1903. Admiralty Head Lighthouse stands just above Fort Casey, three miles south o
Dedication day at Fort Casey on Whidbey Island on November 19th, 1968. The event commemorates the anniversary of the dedication of the Soldiers' National Cemet
The Hotel Bishop at First Street and Anthes Avenue in Langley was built in 1901 and burned to the ground on April 4, 1921. Buildings across the street were dama
In the 1930s, ’40s and ’50s, when sport fishing was the rage and salmon plentiful, resorts and fishing cabins sprung up along the shores of Whidbey Island.
Art Spencer and his dog "Teddy" in front of his machine shop circa 1942. Art moved this machine shop across the road from his original location in 1939.
Norman Lenfest (holding fishing pole) and other children fishing at a river. The lower photograph depicts a woman named Ivy holding a bicycle.