Reimagine your library
The Arlington Library Remodel is underway, the replacement of the roof kickstarted the upgrades. The remodel will focus on improved accessibility and sustainability, as well as general upgrades. Our goal is to reimagine the library to ensure the space meets the community’s needs for years to come.
The library will be updated to provide a welcoming space for the community to gather:
- Interactive children’s learning, quiet study spaces, collaborative work areas, hands on learning, public computer access, and Wi-Fi.
- Library grounds and outdoor spaces will be transformed with full site accessibility to be more inclusive and usable.
Customers and community members continue to share their vision for the Arlington Library. Sno-Isle Libraries prioritizes engaging and listening to our community.
How is the project funded?
- $867,000 from the Sno-Isle Libraries Foundation
Sno-Isle Libraries is approaching funding capital projects in ways that reflect and align with each community. We are optimizing funding by pursuing a combination of sources – grant funding, capital campaigns, regular levy funds – and reducing the reliance on public bond elections.
Architect for the Project
- October – November 2022: Sno-Isle Libraries listened to the community to collect feedback and comments, including an online survey and in library display
- September 2022: Arlington Library Open House event
- July 2022: Launch of Remodel Project
- April 2022: Roof Replacement Project
- 2021: City of Arlington transfers ownership of the Arlington Library to Sno-Isle Libraries
- 1999: City of Arlington voters approve annexation to Sno-Isle Libraries District
- 1994: Remodel of Arlington Library through HUD Grant
- 1981: The City of Arlington construction of the Arlington Library
Built for you, inspired by you.
Stay up-to-date on the Arlington library remodel, subscribe to the newsletter.
Questions or comments? Contact us!