Library Administrative Policies Policy
Contact Us FAQs
Chat with us
- Chat with library staff in real-time. Chat is available Monday - Saturday, 9 am - 6 pm.
- Submit your questions, comments or suggestions by email and our librarians will assist you.
- Check Locations & Hours to find your community library's phone number and operating hours.
- Questions? A member of our Administrative Center staff can also help direct your call. Call us at 360-651-7000 (local) or 877-766-4753 (toll-free), Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Text your questions to (360) 810-5188. Text assistance is available Monday - Saturday, 9 am - 6 pm. Please include your name and telephone number in your initial message. Standard text messaging rates apply.
Book a Librarian
- Make an appointment for a virtual or in-person Book a Librarian session. These free sessions allow you to get one-on-one assistance with your research and technology questions.
Sno-Isle Libraries provides access to its public records under the provisions of the Washington State Public Records Act RCW 42.56, the Public Records Policy, and the Public Records Request Administrative Policy.
The Library makes a variety of records available online, including, but not limited to:
Other records maintained by the Library are available for public inspection or copy, unless specifically exempted by law.
Use of the Library’s Public Records Request form is the most efficient way to make a request; however, its use isn’t required for a request to be processed. Requests may be submitted in person, via mail, email, or phone. To best assist you, include the following information:
- Contact information of requester
- Identification of the public records adequate to locate the records
- Whether you wish to inspect the records in person and/or purchase physical or digital copies
- The date and time of day of the request
Anyone wishing to inspect or receive a copy of the Library’s public records or seeking assistance in making such a request should contact the Library’s Public Records Officer:
Public Records Officer
7312 35th Ave NE
Marysville, WA 98271-7417
Phone: 360-651-7026/ Fax: 360-651-7151
The more precisely you can identify the record(s) you seek, the more responsive the Library can be. You do not need to state the purpose of your request. However, in an effort to clarify or prioritize a request and provide responsive documents, the Public Records Officer may inquire about the nature or scope of the request.
Contact us for assistance.
Sno-Isle Libraries Board Policy
The purpose of this policy to set the role of the Board of Trustees in overseeing Library Administrative Policies for Sno-Isle Libraries (Library).
The scope of this policy includes all Sno-Isle Libraries Administrative Policies approved by the Sno-Isle Libraries' Leadership Team and implemented by designated staff.
Library Administrative Policies will comply with all federal and state laws.
Library Administrative Policies will embody the values of Sno-Isle Libraries and support the attraction, retention, and development of staff.
Any proposed changes to Library Administrative Policies that significantly impact the annual budget will be reviewed with the Board of Trustees prior to adoption.
The Executive Director and members of the Leadership Team will provide an annual overview of Library Administrative Policies to the Board of Trustees. The overview will include a list of policies reviewed, any significant changes made to current policies, and any new policies that were adopted.
This policy is reviewed by the Executive Director (or designee) every four (4) years, or more frequently as needed. Recommendations are forwarded to a Board of Trustees committee. The committee reviews and revises as necessary, endorses, and advances to the full Board of Trustees for approval.
Date Approved: July 27, 2020
Next review date: 2024
Date Adopted: July 27, 2020