Social Media Guidelines
Sno-Isle Libraries uses social media to help broaden awareness of the wide range of library resources, programs and activities.
We are neutral on the topics covered on our social media pages and in the library. The comments and opinions expressed on this forum (and external links appearing in posts) are the opinion of the person posting and may not reflect the official position of Sno-Isle Libraries or the opinions of its employees. Everything posted to our social media accounts is part of the public record and subject to public disclosure.
Thank you for keeping your comments appropriate for our family-friendly site.
By posting any comments, posts or other materials on Sno-Isle Libraries' social media pages, you give the Library permission to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, delete and otherwise use your submissions for any library-related purpose in any form on any media.
We reserve the right (but are not obligated) to review, screen, edit and delete comments before and after posting, in accordance with the Sno-Isle Libraries Public Comment Guidelines below.
Comments may be edited and deleted before posting or removed upon discovery, if:
- substantially off-topic or unrelated to the original post
- using defaming, demeaning, vulgar, offensive, threatening, or harassing language
- designed to advertise, promote or solicit for any business, commercial transaction or non-government service
- fraudulent, including impersonating someone else or misrepresentations
- chain messages or obvious spam
- promoting or opposing current ballot questions or persons seeking office unless directly related to a Library program, event or resource
- violating copyright of images, music, video or published works without source credit or permission of the owner
Social media services that host our forums may also have their own policies and restrictions that may affect comments posted.