Confidentiality of Library Records & Customer Files Policy
Customer Use of Library Spaces Policy
Library Facility Ownership Policy
Site Selection and Acquisition Policy
Capitalized Asset / Small and Attractive Asset Management Policy
Library Administrative Policies Policy
Business Expense Reimbursement Policy
Purchasing and Public Works Policy
Sno-Isle Libraries Board Policy
The purpose of this policy is to express the commitment of Sno-Isle Libraries (the Library) to equity, diversity, and inclusion through the adoption of Library policies and practices that provide opportunities for every person in our community and organization to thrive.
This policy applies to all Library staff and volunteers including members of Boards associated with the Library, and all customer-facing Library policies, practices, and activities.
- Adheres to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Seeks to identify and recognize barriers to equity and applies expertise and best practices to dismantle barriers within the organization and in the services provided in order to create opportunities so everyone can reach their potential.
- Embraces racial equity and social justice as core principles to reimagine policies, practices, and power dynamics.
- Invests in providing the public and staff opportunities for growth through equitable access to employment, educational opportunities, skills training, library programs, materials and services.
- Actively examines organizational and personal biases and prejudices that perpetuate systems of oppression and seeks to eliminate discrimination within the Library and the communities the Library partners with and serves.
- Meaningfully engages, directly consults, and listens to diverse, under-represented, and marginalized communities in the development, delivery, and evaluation of library services.
- Commits to creating a safe workplace environment in which employees' voices are included, heard, valued, and treated with respect.
- Commits to providing a safe space for members of the public to utilize library services with respect and without fear of discrimination.
This policy is reviewed by the Executive Director (or designee) every four (4) years, or more frequently as needed. Recommendations are forwarded to a Board of Trustees committee. The committee reviews and revises as necessary, endorses, and advances to the full Board of Trustees for approval.
Date approved: July 27, 2020
Next review date: 2024
Date adopted: July 27, 2020